Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Frustration Is Occurring, and It Hasnt Even Been 96 Hours

As you might have gathered from the title of this entry, I have become more than a little annoyed. I have been attempting to Be An Adult since 01 Jan.
"Be An Adult" is loosely defined as such:
1) Pay bills on time.
2) Not jet off on vacation because I can or feel like it
3) Find a place to live for more than 6 months
4) Be responsible
5) Do laundry more often so I dont end up buying new underwear to avoid washing the worn ones


As you might have deduced, my list basically entails me to act like a person, not an infant. I have to pay the piper for my Year of Irresponsibility.
I think I took too well to the irresponsibility part last year. I really, really do not want to be responsible.

Enter into evidence, Exhibit A:
An acquaintence mentioned on facebook that he's in Cancun.
My first reaction was, "I WANNA GO THERE!" and look at Orbitz for flights to Mexico.
But then, I remembered my resolution. I pouted, and closed the window before the search completed.
Crisis averted, right? Because I dont deal well with temptation.
No.
As it turns out, not so much.
Exhibit B:
AM asked me today to help her plan a family trip to Hawaii.
^!%#$%!!!! Seriously?! Arrgh! I did. I helped, and definitely had to hold myself back from booking all the things I suggested to her for myself.

IT HASNT EVEN BEEN 96 HOURS AND IM ALREADY DYING FROM BEING TIED DOWN.
If this is being an adult, I am going to suffocate before I make it a week!!

No comments: